Being an inspiring leader is all about building and nurturing strong relationships. But what you don’t know CAN hurt you. And often, the higher you go as a leader, the less likely you are to hear the “hard truths” from your people that will help you be a better leader and help them be more engaged.
Here are 5 things that will help you build great relationships with your people, that they probably will never feel comfortable enough to tell you, even if you already have a good relationship with them.
Here’s the list, in case you don’t have time to watch the video (8:20):
- Simply saying “hello” (and virtually nothing else personal) every day does not a relationship make.
- Being “human” and relatable does not make you weak.
- The group mentality can help you or hurt you.
- Lower level employees can have high-impact ideas.
- Employee complaints and comments about your products and services probably mirror customers’… so pay attention to them.
By keeping these 5 things in mind, you can build better relationships with your people – and your customers – that will help you Turn Your Workplace Into a WOWplace!